• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

If you are going to COAA next week...

Started by Whitters, Aug 02, 2007, 20:20:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Delphine

Oooh - lovely picture.   Last time I went to COAA we went out to look for dolphins but the weather was bad - raining and rough sea [fringes of a hurricane apparently] so I think the dolphins must have taken cover!!!  Will definitely try again next week.

Carole

Me too. 
How did you manage to get that shot they moved so quickly.  when we were in Australia they said to take the photo as soon as you see a grey shadow in the water, if you wait for them to come up you will miss it?

Carole

Mike

I guess we got lucky, the Dolphins were pretty lively when we were there. I have something like 30 minutes of video of them.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Let's hope we get lucky too.  On the Australia trip, there were lots swimming around but none leapt out of the water like that.  also that was the 6th trip we had been on to see dolphins and only the first we actually saw them.

So definitely going again.

I have about 10 minutes video footage in OZ.  Wasn;t thinking of taking my Camcorder this time but now I've seen that perhaps I will.

carole

Mike

Paul - I have finsihed editing the COAA video (at long last) I will give you a copy the next time I see you. if anyone else wants one too let me know.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Cheers mate, I hear you will have wheels again soon :-)

Whitters

Carole,
The picture was sheer fluke, I was sure I had pressed the shutter too soon, but the advantage of shutter dalay in digtal compace cameras was for once a blessing and I managed to get a snap at the right time. :cheesy:

Carole

Mike, do you think the members would be interested in seeing the video at a meeting, perhaps when we are short of something to do one evening, or do it on a members evening (and just have one member speaking plus video) for example.

I would certainly like to see it.

Carole

Mike

Well they can if they want, but its about half an hour long ! I am happy to do copies for anyone that wants one. I will bring a handful along to the next meeting (if I remember!)

Carole

Yes please I would like to see it.

carole

Ian

is it as funny as the tin of tomatoes on the fire video?