• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session 11 - Friday 15th June 2007

Started by Mike, May 05, 2007, 22:27:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Imaging Session 11 is now set as Friday 15th June at 8pm at my house.

This is for the astrophotographers to get together and do some imaging. Anyone else who wants to come to watch and learn, or just do some observing is also welcome.
Hot and cold drinks and nibbles will be provided.

Bring a sleeping bag if you are crashing overnight. Bring an extension lead if you need mains power.

If it is cloudy you are still welcome as we usually just chat, drink wine and demonstrate image processing, etc.

If you need the address or my phone number then send me a PM.

Please note that any member is welcome, even if you have no equipment and just want to watch and learn.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mike,

My niece-in-law is down in London this weekend and going out with auntie Karen, so its very likely I will be around your gaff rather than not being able to understand a word of the conversation all night  :o , I'm not going to drag around any of my kit; however, do you want to do an astro processing session if the weather is bad?

Chris

Mike

Chris,

If it is cloudy (which it looks likely) if you could do a processing and/or Registax workshop please that would be fantastic.

See you there.

Cheers
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

OK Don't forget that this is tomorrow and NOT next week (as some people at the pub thought!).

Chris is coming and has agreed to do a talk on processing and Registax if it is cloudy (likely).

See you there.

:D

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Ok, if it's clear or not I'll do the following: -

Basic Planetary Imaging,
Setup your camera
Taking the Images
Image Duration
Processing with Registax

Then if anyone has not fallen asleep
Simple deep sky photography
Useful tools
Equipment and image scale
Simple processing

If it's still cloudy
Flats Darks & Bias Frames
Gradient Removal
Image Evaluation

Mike, if its cloudy can you setup your mount, I have a great toy to show you 

Chris

Mike

Thanks Chris,

That talk would be great.

I will ensure my mount is set-up for you.

Everyone - don't forget you are more than welcome to crash over if you bring a sleeping bag.

According to www.weather.co.uk it will be light rain and cloud all day tomorrow, up to 11pm when it will then clear and be clear the rest of the night. So if people are willing to stay late or stay overnight we might get a decent session out of it. Might even be a nice sky if it has been raining all day and then clears !   :)

Rocket Pooch

ok we can use your kit then in the garden thats great :-)

See you when I get home, I have a meeting at 5pm so I'll get home about 7:30 then I need to pack and pickup Jim and Tony, but it wont get dark till 11pm so that should not be a problem.

Mike

Hey !! I never got to see the "great toy" !!

Thanks Chris for the great talk on processing. I think the fact that people were still here till nearly 2am shows what a good night it was.

Jim

Thanks Mike and Chris for a great evening, really enjoyed it; looking forward to the next.

Mike

No worries - it was a very good night. Thanks Chris for the great talk on image processing !!