• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Reminder - Observing Evening

Started by mickw, Jun 13, 2011, 09:32:42

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Just a reminder about the observing evening tomorrow.

As usual, Change of Horses around 8:15

Will we get 3 in a row
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Bit late now, but would have been good on Wednesday for the lunar eclipse. 
Carole

Mike

Nothing stopping us meeting again on Wednesday. What time is it?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

The Moon is already in total eclipse as soon as it gets dark and eclipse finishes at 11pm. 
Was thinking of staying at home to image it personally as it's too much kit to bring to the field, but was just thinking others might like to see it.

Carole

mickw

QuoteWas thinking of staying at home to image it

Thought you were going to Eastbourne
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

QuoteThought you were going to Eastbourne
Depends whether I can see the Moon when it rises from my garden, if I can I'll stay at home.  I can see SE (ish) so hopefully OK. 

Carole

JohnP

QuoteDepends whether I can see the Moon when it rises from my garden, if I can I'll stay at home.  I can see SE (ish) so hopefully OK.

Well it'll be a bit late to get to Eastbourne if you can't...... :(

Carole

QuoteWell it'll be a bit late to get to Eastbourne if you can't......
Very funny John  :lol:
What I mean is I want to check I can see it tonight (clouds permitting), i.e. is it behind or in front of the houses which block my Eastern horizon.  I am pretty sure it rises in front of them during the summer.

Carole

Tony G

Quote from: JohnP on Jun 13, 2011, 12:15:52
QuoteDepends whether I can see the Moon when it rises from my garden, if I can I'll stay at home.  I can see SE (ish) so hopefully OK.

Well it'll be a bit late to get to Eastbourne if you can't...... :(

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson