• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mark's Modded Canon 350D

Started by MarkS, Jun 29, 2008, 14:40:25

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

I modded my Ebay purchased Canon 350D today.  It took me 3 hours 20 minutes (the 300D a couple of weeks ago took 3h 30m) and the operation is a bit more fiddly than the 300D - there are more ribbon cables and they are more awkwardky placed.  I'm looking forward to how it compares with the modded 300D

Fay - you have competition now ...

Fay

Oh, I had better get my finger out then!!!!!!

I went outside, last night as weather said 23% cloud. I was glad they were 100% wrong as no way was my software going to work. I was going to do M13.

Now I have this camera modded & will use it more, I have just been looking at external hard drives. Does the quality of hard drives vary or is it only how many GB's it stores?

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Forgot to say, Mark, you are such a trooper!!!!!!

It will interesting to see how the images vary, if they do, between your two camera's. We will also be comparing each others images as well!

Fay

Mac

I've just got a 350D off of E-bay for £97.

Aparently the memory card bit dosent work, but i should be able to use it as a starting point, for repair,

on the other hand it might just work pluged in to the PC.

MarkS

Good luck Mac!  It will be interesting to know how much (or how little of it) actually works ...

Fay

I'm sure you will sort it out, Mac!