• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC April 1st - Yes it's true - CANCELLED

Started by mickw, Mar 19, 2011, 12:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Ive started with good intentions  :-?

Batteries charged, water tank filled, packed up most of the kit and getting ready to load...............

It's now pissing down  :!
I think a cancellation is on the horizon  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Mick I would cancel if I was going to Rother, but I feel committed & will accept whatever happens, except, if it is raining when the tent has to go up or when it is coming down, and, it is raining for the journey
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Mar 30, 2011, 13:57:09
look around at what everyone else has  ..... :-?

Are you after a new umbrella then Fay??????????? :cheesy:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Looks like Kelling and Rother will both be windy and cloudy with Kelling getting a bonus of rain  :-?

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Looks like Kelling and Rother will both be windy and cloudy with Kelling getting a bonus of rain  :-?

I think the weather is playing an April Fool's prank ...

mickw

Metcheck says it will be "Fair"

That's got to be a bad omen  :(

Rocket Pooch

"Fair" as in cloudy and wet. yes that is fair compared to "Hurricane".

Fay

well in preparation, for an ordeal, I had a bath, put my dressing gown on, put fire on & watched "War of the Worlds. Perfect for a rainy day.........unlike camping
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Well I am taking some books and electronics projects to work on as I have a feeling that not a lot of astro-photography will be going on over the next 4 days.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Weather's not looking promising unfortunately.  Mike there is a bar there for the evenings if it's cloudy.

Carole

mickw

MarkS

Yes there is a bar - with free WiFi.  But I thought it was open when it was cloudy and when it was clear  :cheesy:

Meteoblue is currently showing some clear sky on both Friday and Sunday nights.

Mike

Yeah but with several hundred people staying at the campsite and one bar, what is it going to be like on a cloudy night?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

I'm taking my own bar! And stuff for making a new dewheater. And stuff to read. And of course there are subs to reprocess. And stuff to eat.

And Meteoblue looks very hopeful :)

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
I'm taking my own bar!

Mars, Galaxy or Milky Way?