• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

latest M51 after a few more 300s Subs and some better processing

Started by Daniel, May 27, 2008, 20:15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, here's a little M51 I've been working on, still want more subs, and hopefully once I get the CGE up and running I'll get less wobble on the stars (right now my little CG5 is at capacity)

As i mentioned this is a lot of 5 min subs at ISO 800 and 400 (about 30 odd) and one 10 min sub at ISO 200 i tried just to text how long I could guide for before things went stretchy.

Anyway, I'll be adding more subs as soon as this weather lifts, i want to see more of those dust lanes and less of the noise!

#

oh and a notable mention to IC 4263 to the left!

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Daniel - It is getting better though - good job especially for a dslr. John

Fay

Daniel,

you must be very pleased, it is amazing what you can get out of these unmodded dslr's. Nice tight stars.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

Hopefully these images will start to improve some more soon, i've decided to bite the bullet and get my 40D modified, especially since the latest issue of the sky at night praises the hutech modified 40d's so much!

Fay

Yes, I am thinking of getting my 350D done. I need to know for sure that after it's done, if the correct filter is put on, the camera will act as it should in all settings.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

I shall tell you how it goes once I have the mod done, I was planning on getting one of those X-nite filters to sort the IR blocking for me