• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging the moon

Started by Miriam, May 17, 2008, 16:22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Off topic I know, but I have just noticed yoru signature message John - very apt !!   :lol:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

It implies they're mutually exclusive...

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

They are if you don't want 'crappy images'... :-) The problem with having a beer before hand is that all thoughts of spending 1 1/2 hrs dragging my kit half way down the garden, polar aligning, trying to get guiding working etc. etc. seem to disappear. Nowt wrong with having a beer or two once it's all up & running & taking subs though...

John.

Ian

I think you may had identified the root cause of my low imaging output...

Let me grab a beer and think about it.

Mike

I must admit there have been clear nights after a few beers I have gone outside, looked up and said to myself "Soddit, I can't be arsed".

Carole

Hi John,

In reply to your message I have not attempted any imaging of late, what with the weather and the fact that I have been a bit pre-occupied with other things.

I must get back to imaging soon though before I forget what I have learnt so far.

I am sure my K3 must be out of date so must get around to renewing that too.

I probably need an imaging session to give me a shove.  When is the next one?

Carole

Mike

Been on holiday Carole?

Details of the next imaging session are in the Meeting and Events section of the forum.

Carole

Yes twice (it's a bumper holiday year this year) and 2 more holidays to go.

Also been trying to set up some work I can do from home for when I retire, plus other family things.

Was in bed with a cold last night feeling pretty rotten, thus missed the meeting, I just didn't feel up to coming.

Carole