• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Wormhole 'no use' for time travel

Started by Oscar the Cat, May 23, 2005, 22:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar the Cat

Ian

I read that. I think they're using the wrong sort of worm.

However, that said, it's interesting that reseach money is being spent looking at the idea. I'd love to have seen the justification for it...

Rocket Pooch

maybe at the next members evening I'll try to demonstrate that one.

Ian

I think we should take that as a firm offer.

Rick

Nip back and tag it on the end of last month's talk. :wink:

Ian

you know, I thought Chris' demonstration of a worm hole at the end of last months meeting was  a cracking idea.

Rocket Pooch

Mike

Maybe you should video it and send it to those scientists who say it can't be done!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I can't because they believe it can't be done they will not believe it will they because they will think it was in the past even though it was in the future and they won't be able to tell that because there in the present which as we know moves forwards in its four dimensional cone of reality and they could only find out the real facts if these reality cones meet, which they can't because a wormhole will work through another dimension.  Therefore we start from where we left off so to speak.

Or in teenage terms, yer but, yer but..........

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2005-05-26 13:21 ]