• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A couple from UDSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Oct 19, 2009, 10:42:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The people who were at DSC would have seen me being very disorganised, I managed to leave at home my filter controller and also dew controller etc etc.  Anyway I did have the ZS66, some CLS filters and a Ha filter.

ZS66 @ F3.95 = 260mm FL, oddly the Ha filter gave odd shaped stars?  

1st night these was a disaster, Horse Head 2x15 Minute Ha, Somewhere in space with faint fuzzies 16x1 minute CLS, M33 CLS 3x5 Minute subs, loads of clouds.  Full size images here http://www.flickr.com/photos/13007140@N05/sets/72157622616978596/

Then 2nd night, the wall 20x10 minute Ha, Propeller 14x10 minute Ha, all done with intermittend French S"£t drinking and the odd snooze and Frodo woofing at things :-)

Share and Enjoy!

Daniel

Wonderfull set of images, incredibly crisp detail in the nebula, especially north american.

Daniel
:O)

Mike

Nice one Chris. I really like the Propellor.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Chris,

That is the next step you need to teach me now I have mastered the DSLR, is how to sleep and produce bloody great images like this. :)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

very nice images.

I just hope the Official DSC is as clear if not better.

MarkS

That wall is fantastic - incredibly sharp, detailed and contrasty.

The propeller looks very good as well.

Nice ones!

Mark

Fay

Nice Propeller & Wall Chris, wondered where you were!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Excellent images Chris!  I think you could perhaps set the black level a bit lower in the wall image as the data looks good enough to squeeze out more detail in the dark nebulosity.

Robert