• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Quick M101 with CLS

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 16, 2006, 01:55:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

I think I'm getting there :-)

JohnP

Definitely your best todate... I guess you like the new filter. How many images did  you stack in ther end..?

John

Rocket Pooch

Actually I think it was 10x4 minute subs guided on the ED80, I have to work on the image before putting it up on the Gallery, you will see little black dots, this is where my Flats we're to great and when removed from the Subs I ended up with - values for the pixels where the read noise was subtracted (leant about this in a book), but this can be fixed when I'm awake at home some time soon.

The Astronomik CLS filter is absolutely brilliant and now opend up the option of imaging with 4-8 min subs in my back garden with little gradient and a lot of detail, just a shame it does not have an IR built in.

The images was guided using K3CCD adv PE was 1.7 peek to peek.

Roll on DSC!!!!!

Next time I'll center it and do LRBG, maybe at high res?

Fay

Chris,

That is a lovely picture of M101, is there no end to the great shots that this club takes!!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Nice one Chris. Yeah, roll on DSC.

I wanted to take some pics of teh comet tonight but it isnt visible till 4am according to Starry night !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Can we have a vote on this for the gallery, I like the first image, what do you guys like?

or 2

or 3

Mike

I agree. The core is overdone on the other two.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Hi Chris,
I agree number one looks the best, and following on from a comment made by Fay in her post, that the images submitted to this forum and the galleries by the astrophotographers in the society are of an exceptional standard and everyone should be very pleased with what they have produced. Seeing the good imaging done here only encourages the amateurs to do better.
Keep up the good work :wink:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

I prefer the very first, up the top, rather than any of the other 3. It looks sharper.

JohnP

1st as well... what does it look like if you put it through Neat Image... Just curious..

John