• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M8 from last night

Started by Whitters, Jul 07, 2004, 16:12:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

M8

7 x 60 seconds. 800mm f5.8 . MX916

Mike

Wow !!

Paul, you must get a colour wheel !

Lovely detail in that image.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

That's nice, when I get a chance I'll put my stuff from last night up.

Mike, don't ask Paul about a colour wheel!

Ian

what about if I ask Paul about a colour wheel? Would that be better?

Whitters

There is a story there, The Canon lens will take 48mm filters and I thought Whoopiee! as I have a set of 48mm RGB filters. But they go in the filter draw of the lens but the apature in the lens that the draw slides into is too small to thke the filters I have. I don't fancy taking a file to the filter holder and I don't fanct de-glazing the filter so I'm going to send them to SRB and see what they can do for me. I'm hoping that they will be back in time for DSC.

Rocket Pooch

Yo could allways just take a hacksaw to the slot.  It should not take to long to make the whole bigger :smile:

Well asked Ian.

Whitters

Thanks for the suggestion I'll take it into consideration.

NOT!

Mike

Do the filters need to let through light in certain wavelengths only? Couldn't you make some filters out of photographic gel sheeting or something?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Kodak Wratten Gel sheets were used by the film boys before commercial filters were availble. However they aren't so good for CCD work because they don't block the IR.

Rick

Does that image's presence here mean that your homepage is back online?

Whitters

No Afraid not, i have been loading images to my NTL site for the past 18 months, but I haven't built the site. I plan to do a full rebuild but that may take a while.