• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Man not Walking

Started by MarkS, Jan 20, 2009, 22:28:48

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Man not walking last night.

15x5min.  Modified Canon EOS 350D on Celestron C11 with F6.3 focal reducer and CLS filter.  Stacked, 3x3 binned.  Gradient removal and cropped.

Mark

JohnP

Hi Mark,

Like the cryptic subject heading....

Nice close up shot (you don't normally see this) - Focus & tracking & processing all look great.

This always looks more like a running orangutan than a man to me... must be those long arms...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12605077@N02/2714491417/

Nice shot anyway - John

RobertM

You been doing too many crosswords ;)

That's really lovely Mark, I don't think I've ever seen one just of this on it's own.  Are you going to add more exposure ?

I think you're right about the name John, not even Peter Crouch has arms that long...

Mike

Looks more like a bird to me. Nice subject Mark. It is rare to see it so close up and on it's own.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Sorry Mark - I hope you don't mind I just wanted to prove to Mike it is an Orangutan & not a bird...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Did not know we had artistic talent in the society!!!

That is great, Mark, yes it is a change to see it close up as an individual feature.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

John - I just love that Orangutan.  Brilliant!

Robert - yes I hope to do more exposures - it's a subject that well deserves it, with a fascinating mixture of emission and reflection nebulae.  If it were in any other part of the sky it would be an absolute must-see.  But because of where it is, it just gets completely overshadowed by M42.

Mark