• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Get back to basics

Started by mickw, Mar 20, 2011, 10:37:58

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Went out last night determined to get my setup working correctly.

Not a raving success

All software works together and does what it should - Except the Ascom to Lakeside focuser interface.
Polar alignment with EQMod is not as simple as it sounds, I resorted to "close enough"
I ended up unplugging all USB connections and uninstalling COMs 1 to 17 in control panel before connecting all the USB leads again - I think we've all been there.
Scope control works a treat in Starry Night.

The plans for today -
Remove the Lakeside focuser and revert to twiddling knobs for the time being.
Print out the Guides for EQMod (and read them again)

I've been trying too many new things at the same time and need to slow down

I actually got PHD guiding, although I couldn't get focus on anything with the camera - Not as smooth as Mikes, but I did only guess the polar alignment

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Mick, there is a driver update on the lakeside website that will sort the ascom problem. I had the same issue for ages, works fine now.

mickw

Cheers Duncan, according to the version history, I've already got the latest drivers and firmware, but I've downloaded the "latest" version anyway.  I'll still revert to knob twiddling for the moment though, there's too much new stuff going on with my setup which means I'm missing stuff or getting it wrong
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

One thing at a time Mick. PHD doesn't look too bad & EQMOD is not a must!...............
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!