• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette Hubble Pallete

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jan 24, 2012, 12:25:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I had a go at the Hubble Pallete S2HaO3 for the Rosette, I know its not to everyones taste, but its getting there.

Chris

Rosette RGB V5 by chrissuddell, on Flickr

MarkS

That is really beginning to look stunning!

I think it can be improved by giving the colour saturation a boost.

I love those Hubble palette images and this is a great example of one.

Mark

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

RobertM

That's coming along really well Chris.  The colour is showing up the dust clouds and starting to give that 3D effect.

Most people struggle with star colours in NB but it looks like you've done a good job.  Did it take long to process ?

Robert

Mac

That is looking fantastic

Mac.

mickw

Oh crap, now I can't decide what one I like best - Ha, NB or Hubble  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Now that looks a load better - Has a real 3D appearance to it. Maybe a tad too bright or like Mark says up the contrast a little. Really good though - I would say APOD material...

mickw

QuoteAPOD material...

Sorry, there's no trees or buildings  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Jim

Chris that's gorgeous, what's the total exposure time?

Fay

that is coming along well, Chris, i would also say more saturation/contrast

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

julian

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: RobertM on Jan 24, 2012, 13:39:56
Most people struggle with star colours in NB but it looks like you've done a good job.  Did it take long to process ?

Once I remembered how I used to process narrowband it didn't.  The process was;

Sigma stack all subsa with flats, bias and darks (somthing like 16xha, 23xS2 and 22xO3 Ithink all 10 minutes).  Lucy R decon 20 itterations, then KSigma noise removal, with digital contour on.

Then combine RGB S2, Ha, O3 in Photoshop.  All this took about an hour.  Now I remeber how to do it I can work on it later a bit more, like december when I''m bored.

Chris

Carole

That's a fine image Chris, as said above, just up the contrast and saturation slightly.

I'm not a fan of hubble colours, but they are growing on me.  This certainly shows a lot of detail.

Carole