• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Heart & Soul QSI/LEITZ

Started by Fay, Nov 18, 2011, 14:41:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

On a roll last night...........................18x600, 7nm ha, QSI/Leitz @F4 171111

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Wow!

Very nice indeed Fay.  Lovely field of view and excellent detail.   That image cannot be faulted!

Mark

Fay

Thanks Mark I had to get outside to see if the camera focused ok with the lens. It has taken a while to get the right safe seating for them. I now have to test focus with QSI/zs66/ 0.85 fr, as the scope has a nice wide field

MarkS

Do you have a full size version?

The Thing

Fay

that is full size, i think

Tony G

Brilliant image Fay.

Which monthly's are fighting to print this one for their December issue.  :)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

thanks Tony. Well I am thinking I should have had a go at OIII, bit of colour. I'm building up to it now

Rocket Pooch

Mac

JohnP

Bloody hell Fay - gobsmacked - Absolutely superb - you must be well chuffed...I know the camera cost a lot but out of interest what did you pay for the lens...? I know I have said it before but it is crying out for colour you have to start doing some RGB... or narrowband colour (I prefer RGB though)

Agree with Mark can we see a larger version - I would be interested in seeing a full size crop of a section of the image. Your image might show the full FOV but it is certainly not full size.

I also really like the California neb - It has a real Ethereal Beauty about it - expertly processed with loads of fine detail - Again it would be good to see a larger version. I must say you are really starting to reap the benefits of all those nights of agony you have had getting to grips with the QSI.

John.

Fay

John such nice words, bordering on the poetic! The lens was around £500 i think. I know what i am doing. Selecting large instead of original size in Flickr.

I have been outside to see if the WOZS66 /WO 0.85fr & QSI will focus. Well I had to put the QSI extension tube on to get more back focus. I thought all was well but when I zoomed in nearly all the stars were flaring. I am thinking the FR does not match the camera. But i would rather the camera was suspended by threads than one screw if I removed the FR.

Any clues? I went to two sections of sky but the result was the same.

Also, yes, I am getting my brain in gear for some colour. I do like hubble palette, but i really like Niks bi colour imaging. There was an article on one of the foums on how he does it but I cant find it. He used HA & OIII

Also, it maybe a palavar, because, my ha filter is Baader but the OIII is Astronomik, probably not parfocal.

JohnP

Quotebut i really like Niks bi colour imaging

...Is that where you use filters with a male thread on one side & a female thread on the other......  ;)

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
... nearly all the stars were flaring.

[snip]

Any clues? I went to two sections of sky but the result was the same.

Not sure what you mean be "flaring".
Post an example so we can see and comment.

Mark

Fay