• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter and Io - a bad animation 30 Nov 2014 captured at High Halden

Started by The Thing, Nov 30, 2014, 20:30:43

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Jupiter and Io 30 Nov 2014. LX90 8", 2xED Barlow, PierroAstro ADC, Phillips SPC900NC.

The idea was to test the Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector as Jupiter rose. The sky quality was very variable, but not as variable as my processing!

Jupiter 2014-11-30 1_30-2_48 by AstroDunc, on Flickr

JohnP

MarkS

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Dec 01, 2014, 05:44:52
A good set of frames.  Maybe a tad overexposed?
Na, just inconsistent processing. I'll probably redo it and and make sure I use the same gamma, colour, sharpening, rotation and cropping for each frame!

The Thing

Here is the smoother version, can't do much about the colour/exposure of each frame, I wasn't planning to do this animation at all but Io moving across onto Jupiter was too good to resist. The plan was just to try out the ADC. Hopefully tomorrow night it will be clear and I can have another go with no mist drifting in and out and consistent camera settings!

Jupiter_14_11_30-1_19_55-2_41_56
by AstroDunc, on Flickr

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

That's very good Duncan, the ADC has worked well.  All you need now is some laminar flows although that might be difficult now all the Central heating systems are running at full blast !

Fingers crossed the weather is better tonight.

Robert

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

MarkS