• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Blacklands Closed

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 12, 2010, 08:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Yes I seem to remember the day fee & meal was included. It must be day/evening visitors that did not pay.

Tony, i don't like to think you were not paid for the bar b q?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

QuoteYes Carole, you was
#
Don't joke Mick as I won't know whether to believe you or not.

Mike seriously if I was one of the people who did not pay (albeit unintentionally), then please tell me.

Carole

Tony G

Fay,

I was only joking, I didn't expect anything in return,(except complaints about food poisoning) plus loads of people contributed by donating food for me to cook over the baking hot BBQ, while they bloody strolled around chatting with their drinks in their hands, demanding for me to hurry up with their chipolatas and chicken, and 'why did he get his first' arguements ringing in my ears.
But for the first time in ages, I felt part of the society, even though it was only to do the catering, but it was the best 4 hours non stop cooking, that I have ever enjoyed.
So really, what I'm saying is thank you for letting me have a glimpse of the way that you at the society live, and hope one day I can do it again.

Until then. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

Fay

mickw

I think we should have a BBQathon then we could have bets on how long it takes Tony to collapse from heat exhaustion  :twisted:

See, you are respected Tony - well sort of  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

All this DSC talk has worn me out!!! Never known such a flurry! 

Tony G

Look Fay, this is what's next to the field.

http://www.haywaggon.com/accommodation.htm

:D

Tony G

Mike

Carole,

After a while we did decide to use the fee (at Tuesnoad) to cover the cost of the food, mainly as Tuesnoad only charged us £100 no matter how many peopel turned up and therefore we usually made a little bit of profit for the society. It was, as Mick pointed out, mainly those that popped down for the night, ate the food, then buggered off without contributing that was the issue.

Obviously we can't take the cost of the food out of the fee now we are no logner usuing Tuesnoad as we now simply pay whatever the nightly charge is for the campsite and we are no longer making a profit.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Quote from: Tony G on Feb 17, 2010, 16:54:42
Look Fay, this is what's next to the field.

http://www.haywaggon.com/accommodation.htm

:D

Tony G

So now those of you complaining about the cold have no excuse. Paul's house is also 10 mins away and I think he has some spare space in his shed.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuotePaul's house is also 10 mins away
Does that mean Paul is coming then?

Thanks for the food explanation Mike, I am relieved it wasn't me.

Carole

The Thing

The food at the Haywagon looks great, if a tad pricey for DSC catering. Beats washing up though.

Fay

Haywagon is looking good Tony!!!!!

Fay

I will be sussing that Haywagon out....for future visits seems reasonable