• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

got my guiding working

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 29, 2008, 06:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

last image of the night but it really needs processing lrgb horsy

MarkS

Glad to hear about the guiding Chris - that must be quite a relief!

That's a lovely Horsehead - pin sharp detail, plenty of nebulosity and excellent colour.  Nice one!

Mac

Very nice, yet another one to add to my growing list of todo's

Could you post the exposure details please.

RobertM

Very nice Chris, you're making us all jealous with these images, especially as the inky black parts really are naturally inky black !  Guiding look good too.

Is this with the Newt ?

Rocket Pooch

ed80 l=8x10min rgb 4x5min

Tony G

Chris,

May I just say what really great images you've taken so far, but if we had clear skies, great equipment and a dark site (and plenty of wine) we to could have shots like that. ;)

What has happened to the others, are they looking after you OK Chris, while you take all the images, with Fay cooking your meals, Jim making the beds and tidying up, and John keeping you topped up with wine,french stick and cheese. Still, give them a chance and let them near the scopes.

Hope you are all having a great time, and I'm sorry I couldn't be there, but keep them images coming. :( (there is always next year  8))

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

yes they are looking after me, and i'm the taxi driver as well?  anyway yes you are right, things are easy with mag 7 skies, but you know its all skill really?

Tony G

I know, that's why I'm only taking images of the moon, and you are taking images of objects at present, that I can only dream about.
(I must be sad dreaming about horses heads, running men and crabs)  :oops:

Great images to date, especially the horsehead.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson