• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27, one third of the way through collecting data now.

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 16, 2006, 10:53:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi Guys,

I got out last night for about 2 hours to get some more high res images of M27, I have not yet got all the images I need to get a good M27 for the year; however I have combined last nights 3x5 minute Ha images with an earlier 20x2m OIII to make a 1300x1030 image.

This is not the final images, but you will see three new representations of M27 on my web site.  I'm going for a good M27 this year, but I still need to get another 45 minutes of Ha, 1 hours of OIII & SII at high res to get what I want.  Then I can move onto another target.  I already have 20 minutes of L via a CLS at 1300x1030 so I probably need one more clear night to do it.

Anyway have a look at my web site http://www.deep-sky-photography.com/album/ its a work in progress but I'm getting there, this images will be there by 11:30am.

Thanks

P.S. The files are 150-350k in size so watch it :-)

JohnP

Chris mate - that is an unbelievably impressive image for only a 1/3 of the data... Can't wait to see the finished image if the skies clear long enough to let you grab some more exposures. The Ha is really starting to show the 'elusive ejector' coming out at right angles. I'd say that you are really starting to push the boundaries on what can be imaged from a light polluted surburban location. This is a great image technically & aesthetically..

Good job - John

Rocket Pooch

Hello,

Well I think there's more there :-) so just for a laugh I picked up the AIP book and started to read about DDP and also non-linier noise removal to try to flatten the sky and bring out the ejector more.  It's going to take some time to work out what to do, but I'm confident the image will get better even with the data I have.

I hope.

Anyway thanks for the comments.

Chris

Fay

Chris,

An image to die for!

I will have to get a university degree to understand all the exposure details!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!