• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC4565 The Flying Saucer Galaxy

Started by Fay, Apr 22, 2009, 13:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I took this on 200409. I am not so happy with it, as I think it looks a bit blotchy. Perhaps it has to do with not using the focal reducer. It is 12x600 secs, cls filter, ED80 scope, flats,  bias but no darks (getting naughty)

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Blotchy?  It looks great to me.  You've captured a lot of detail there and lots of other background "fuzzies".

A very tempting target ...

Mark

JohnP

Fay - Can't believe how 'naughty' you are... fancing not taking darks... the shame on you...  :lol:

Image came out alright though.... On my laptop monitor can't see nowt wrong with background.. maybe marginally oval stars (that's me being picky)

Another great shot - crying out for RGB though....

John

Fay

Perhaps I need stronger glasses....................or I am getting very picky. Thanks Mark & John

Daniel

Wow Fay, yet another lovely image, im not seeing blotchiness either, looks very smooth, love the dust lanes and love playing "spot the galaxy" with the background too.

Daniel
:O)

Tony G

Great image Fay  ;)

Quote from: Fay on Apr 22, 2009, 13:04:51
I took this on 200409. I am not so happy with it, as I think it looks a bit blotchy.

Can you do me a favour, can you please put my name on any of your images that you post, and are not happy with, as I would be well chuffed with them.  :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Rocket Pooch

Fay,

I'd be really happy with that image, whats wrong with it.

Chris

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks. Glad you all like it. I am  going to reprocess, see how it goes.