• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Long shot ... anyone have aheavy duty tripod they no longer need...

Started by RobertM, Jun 04, 2010, 12:16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

As I said a (very) long shot...

A minimum spec of HEQ5 but ideally EQ6, Celestron AS-GT or any others of that strength considered.

Thanks
Robert

Tony G

Didn't Mac have a tripod of some kind a few weeks ago, which duncan and Mac were discussing. (haven't been bothered to go back over the thread and search it out. Sorry Robert). :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

What about lugging around Chris' pier, which is up for sale.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

RobertM

Thanks Tony,  I thought that Duncan had something in mind for that spare tripod. 

QuoteWhat about lugging around Chris' pier, which is up for sale.

Well, if you would volunteer for pier lugging duties then that might be an option.  In that case you could also double as portable concrete mixer ;)

Mike

I have an EQ6 Tripod, but one of the extension legs is stuck inside the tube meaning you can't extend it. Apart from that it's fine.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Thanks Mike that's just the sort of thing I'm after, any chance you could bring it down tonight for me to have a look at?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan