• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Our Sun!

Started by Daniel, Apr 09, 2009, 13:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, Haven't posted anything for ages, mainly because I've been snowed under with work and also because my mounts not been working properly.

I now have some spare time back on my hands so I'm going to get out there again. Im hopefully taking the mount to be fixed tommorrow.

I did manage to get a little solar imaging done yesterday as my mount just has enough power to drive the small solar scope. This is my first proper bash at solar imaging, didn't get much out of the dslr, but the DMK21AU04 camera I won from sky at night was perfect for the job, I'd like to try a mosaic with this camera some time im also going to try some planetary with it once im back up and running.

I've got lots of commenting on the fantastic images I've been seeing on this site over the last months, congrats Robert too, I saw your wonderfull Rosette in practical astronomer, great job!

Anyway, good to be back(ish)

Daniel
:O)

RobertM

That's a really excellent Daniel, far better than any I've done of the Sun.  It's also good you've got your workload down to manageable proportions so you can fit some Imaging in.  I'm looking forward to some more amazing Hyperstar shots so don't take too long to get that mount sorted...

Fay

Fantastic images Daniel. Is the Lunt an expensive scope, wht size is it?

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Ok, I have just had a look
They are quite expensive! How did you win it?

Mike

Where does he mention Lunt?

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

He has mentioned it before

Daniel

Hehe, I didn't win the Lunt (wish I did) it was the camera I won, but I did get it at a very cut price, my scope is the LS60 with the 50mm double stack Etalon which now costs about £2000 but I got it for £1200 because I ordered early.

Fay

Oh, ok. Thought you were lucky, should read mails correctly! :roll:

Daniel

Here's some updated images AFTER reading the registax manual!

:P

Daniel
:O)

[/img]

Mac

very nice images, 8)

Carole

Very nice images Daniel especially the post-reading of the manual.
c

MarkS

Daniel,

Those are excellent images.  Love the prominences and the "orange peel" surface.

Well captured!

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Daniel,

If you adjust the gamma you will get the globe and the prominance a bit better.  Give it a go.

Chris

Fay

Chris, did you take any Sun images while away?

Rocket Pooch

nope too drunk ! or too cloudy!