• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Meade 497 Autostar Display Module

Started by The Thing, Jan 18, 2010, 16:30:36

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Duncan..... I still have my Autostar gizmo which I can lend you to try out if that`s any use to you.  If it works, then we can take it from there.  As we discussed.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

Thanks Doug, next time I see you will probably be at Mike's on the twelfth, bring it along and lets talk about it.

Mac

The Thing

Mac, a nice idea but I think the LX200 uses an Autostar II not a 497 or the new fangled (duff) 497ED. There's also an Autostar III and a 494.

Mac

ok.

But there will be a spare lx200 gps base, plus electronics, gears, ect,ect if your interested.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Mac.

The Thing

More Autostar info.

Last nights Autostar death was just a slightly bent power pin in the the cable socket on the Autostar, fixed now. Thats what comes of trying alternative cables to see if the Autostar could be taken away from the scope instead of being mounted on a fork. :roll:

I also found a supplier for the LCD display - thought they are out of stock  :!  If I can get one I can fix my previous Autostar and have a spare.

http://www.westfloridacomponents.com/LED062/LCD+Module+Display+16x2+Optrex+DMC-50747NF-AK.html.

Mike

How do you know that is the same LCD Duncan?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

'cos a gent on the web has done this repair using this item. His comment was that the display was more black and red than the original, which has to be a good thing for readbility.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan