• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lakeside Astro Motorfocus System

Started by The Thing, Nov 24, 2009, 20:41:03

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

At least the storm tonight was forecast before I clicked [Buy]. :twisted:

I've just bought a Lakeside Astro Motorfocus System 8) from Peter at aforementioned via Ian King (sounds like a dog pedigree!) :chase:

Peter is going to fashion a bracket and a means of attaching the motor to the focuser knob of my Meade LX90, not something he he has done before, but he's agreed to have a go. I am looking forward to a bit of ASCOM automation and not trying to look through the 350D viewfinder and then finding it's all a bit blurry. FocusMax  here I come.

And my Fiona is paying for it :surprised:.

Result.

MarkS

Cool!

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

Mark

RobertM

Dunc, If it helps I can give you a few tips in focusmax that may save a bit of frustration, especially if you're a new user.

The Thing

Thanks Robert, I have had a go with FocusMax using the simulator but it didn't really make things clear. Like all things it takes practice and patience.

The Thing

Hi All,

My Lakeside focuser should be delivered early next week. Peter at Lakeside has done an amazing job given that he only had my dodgy photos and measurements to go on. Can't wait to get it screwed on and wired up. Only hope it fits!

http://www.lakeside-astro.com/