• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

WXAstrocapture

Started by Carole, Oct 02, 2009, 00:34:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Does any-one have any experience of this software which I have downloaded this evening.  It doesn't seem to have a manual, and whilst I worked out some of it, I can't see where it saves images.  There are very few controls.

Carole

The Thing

It's a done in the Options/Settings menu for the file name and video settings. I never worked out what 'container' was for as I don't us it to capture, I use QCfocus (for webcam video) as it's simple (set the filename(s), use the spacebar to capture an image or stop start video). Use the Rec tab to record/capture video (doesn't do still images). I haven't used the Batch tab for doing multiple captures but it's guiding my scope right now and has been since 09:30. Don't be put off if it gives an error when you close the program, just click 'continue', it doesn't seem to matter. It may not do it on your PC. Please let me know if that's the case!

Hope that helps.

Duncan

Carole

Thanks Duncan, that's helpful.

Yes I had noticed the Guide system.  Reason I downloaded it mainly was because of this damn LX problem I was having, and after a discussion yesterday with Andy from Astronomiser he suggested I tried this, and it does appear that LX is working on WXA, where it wouldn't work on my previous software.

Carole

The Thing

That's why I'm using it, I can get nice views of M31 at 20 seconds exposure with my SkyWatcher 80T. Serial LX makes PHD crash instantly on my laptop.