• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC next weekend

Started by Jim, Sep 07, 2012, 17:03:58

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

So why does Jim need frozen bread.... ;-)

mickw

Stupid spell chocker - I meant bog  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

doug

Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

Great night, all up until 3 am. Lovely morning. Time for a fry up.

Mike

Did the new guy Jon turn up?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

Jon turned up and promptly imaged ngc7000!

Sky is clearing here and forecast looks good. Jim has gone to the chippy and the cider is flowing.

The Thing

Mick visited on the afternoon and we head a few Stellas and counted dragon flies. Great night last night. We all imaged until 2am when the clouds rolled in.  A few interested campers asked the usual questions. All dry this morning, the dew had gone.

mickw

I still reckon we should all have gone to kelling to hold a laser and firework extravaganza  :twisted:

JonH

Had a pretty damn good time at my first DSC and now have some nice subs of NGC7000, M31, M45 and M81 to play with! Not to mention a rather long to do and shopping list to sort for the next one!
A big thanks to Duncan and Jim for helping me get eqmod up and running on Saturday!
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

MarkS

Quote from: JonH
Had a pretty damn good time at my first DSC and now have some nice subs of NGC7000, M31, M45 and M81 to play with!

Sounds good.  I guess you've got lots of processing to do now. What scope, mount and camera are you using?

Mark

JonH

I have an Equinox 80ED on a NEQ6 and a modified Canon 450D, guiding with a QHY5 on a ST80.
Quite what all the different setting in DSS do I haven't figured out yet and the processing has still got me a little lost, but I know a lot more now than I did before DSC!

mickw

Don't worry Jon, your equipment will soon expand to a size big enough to drain your wallet  ;)

JonH

HA! Too late for that, I had a budget and I managed to exceed it in quite spectacular fashion!  :-?
Plus I now have a whole bunch of things I need (want) to get and/or make!
Oh well, looks like the new car will have to wait another 12months.

mickw

Welcome to astronomy and imaging  :lol: