• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 9th to 12th Nov

Started by Mike, Nov 06, 2012, 15:53:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Jon - At the main entrance is a plastic cow. You can't miss it. At the gate into the field (past the bungalow) is a plastic cow. Once in the field, turn left at the plastic cow, down to the plastic cow and turn right, then along to the toilet block and past that till you get to a plastic cow and a tractor. Camp there.

The field is full of plastic cows, I think there is also a shark and a camel.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JonH

Thanks Mike, i'm sure that will make more sence when i get there....  :lol:
Although i have to wonder, you sure this is a real camp sight and not some illegal plastic cow breading ground masquerading as a camp sight?
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

MarkS

The plastic cows and tractor are visible on the Google Maps satellite image - if you know where to look.

JonH

If you know where to look......

MarkS

Well here's a couple to get you started ....

You can even see their cow shape shadows!

Rick

...but if you see these ones  then you took a wrong turn somewhere...

JonH

I'm sure I'll figure it out, camp next to the cow and tractor, how hard can it be...

Any ideas who is planning to go?
So far looks like cloud Friday night and rain all day Saturday, but Saturday night could be good.

MarkS

I won't be coming this weekend - I've got lots of jobs to do at home and the conditions don't look good enough to justify a weekend away.

Fay

I wont be coming i dont think the weather will be good enough, also I have a sore throat & cough, so may not be a good idea.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ivor

I can't make it tonight so I'll be making a decision tomorrow lunch time.

Ivor

The rain on Saturday is shifting to the evening now so it's not looking good; it must be down to my new tent so apologies. Does a tent count as new kit?

Mac

QuoteDoes a tent count as new kit?

:roll:

Of course it does, no trying to sneak that one by.

Tut tut.

Mac
:cheesy:

JonH

QuoteDoes a tent count as new kit?

Ahhhh so YOUR to blame!  :lol:

Tony G

SO WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! :!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JonH

Figured there was no point tonight as weather looks rubish and no one else going, still might venture down tomorow though.