• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter and Io (Sun 16 Oct 2011 1:16am)

Started by The Thing, Oct 16, 2011, 13:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Having a ball the last couple of nights here in Normandy. Very clear and quite dark (except for the moon). I seem to have got a lot of detail -  I hope it's not a result of over application of the wavelets function.

Here's another Jupiter. Taken at 51deg altitiude (Jupiter, not me). LX90 8" UHTC deforked, SPC900NC unmodded, Moonfish 2" 2x ED Barlow, 2" Baader neodymium filter. Unguided as the guiding seems to introduce extra jitter which effectively make the seeing worse. Captured with SharpCap. Processed with AviStack 2.0.

JohnP

Looking very nice Dunc - I would say your best to date - John.

The Thing

Thanks John,

Next clear night should be Wednesday so now I seem to have the basics cracked I am going to try and get some captures at intervals of say 10 minutes (easy in SharpCap) so I can make the stacked images into an animation.

JohnP

Excellent - love animations so look forward to seeing it - John

Carole

Very nice Duncan, was it with your LX?
Got the GRS too.

Carole

MarkS

Very good Duncan.  GRS and a moon as well!

I think this is your best yet.

Mark

RobertM

That's a great result Duncan with lots of tantalising detail coming out.  I'm looking forward to seeing the movie...

Robert

The Thing

Thanks everyone - you just gota hava moon. Just not the big bright close one that washes out the deep sky objects!

Now where did I leave the bottle...

BTW Cloudy here tonoght.