• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Alternate type of flocking

Started by Rocket Pooch, Dec 14, 2011, 20:56:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Yes I am now putting together my Newtonian, hopefully in time for the weekend.  I found in some of the forums a type of black flocking paper made for bathrooms so I thought I'd get some and see what it is like.  Why anyone would want to put black flock on their walls I do no know, but hey I guess some people are a little odd. 

Anyway for £12 for 45cm x 2 meters its a lot cheaper than prostar, I have put two small pieces side by side in the tube and there's very little to tell them apart.

The ProStar is a touch darker and fluffier the other stuffs glue is pretty awesome.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Chris

JohnP

Sounds Good - looking forward to seeing the results from finished scope.

..... Just think if you wanted a career change you could always become a 'professional flocker....'    :lol:

Tony G

Who said he wasn't one already......... ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

You have always had a flock supply under your nose Chris.....................................FRODO!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Fantastic, and there I was trying to help out as well, you bunch of flockers!

If Frodo is Flock then is he a Flocker Wolf?

mickw

QuoteIf Frodo is Flock then is he a Flocker Wolf?

He certainly flew around Tuesnode  :lol:

:baa: :baa:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

doug

Careful................. Shepherd Neame will want to copy your flocking posts and they will feature Frodo on a beer mat.

Doug.

P.S.  Happy Christmas to all.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Fay

well when you have him trimmed up, just keep it all & stick it inside the scopes!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch