• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 5th to 7th April

Started by Mike, Apr 02, 2013, 08:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Well still cloudy but hey, a pot noodle, ham sandwich and glass of wine so bliss!
:D

Fay

hope the bungalow searchlight does not upset you
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Fay, Leon has built an extension onto the side of the bungalow that blocks out the light now.

There are 5 of us here at the moment and it is a clear sky. I'm trying to do M81/82 but the guiding is all over the place. Jim is still trying to align his finder scope. Mark is in the tent with our special guest chatting.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Special Guest.

Who may that be?????????

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Quote from: Tony G on Apr 05, 2013, 23:31:51
Special Guest.

Who may that be?????????

Tony G

It's all gone very quiet - It wasn't Ted Bundy was it ?  :o  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Mike

We are all still alive thanks. Despite the temperature dropping to -6° in the night. Our special guest nearly froze to death but Jim was OK as he had both a heater on and an electric blanket.

Nice warm sunny day now and the sausages and bacon are sizzling in the pan.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

-6C last night.  My water container froze.

Fay

Mystery guest is not Patrick Moore, is it?

mickw

I'm shivering just thinking about -6

I think I'll just sit by the fire  :(

Any imaging done ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Mystery guest is not Patrick Moore. They are slightly more alive than that.

I didn't get much imaging done as the gusts of wind were putting huge spikes in my guiding graph on a regular basis. I think Jim had a bit more success after his epic alignment process. Our special guest spent most of the night on some kind of epic sausage cooking session and Mark didn't bother as he turned up late and could see how windy it was.

Hopefully the wind will die down tonight as another clear night is forecast.

Fay

good that you keep us up to date Mike

Carole

Well come on then. Is the special guest John P or some-one else?

Glad I didn't come at -6. 

Carole

JohnP

Well I ain't special so def not me....

Mike

I'm afraid our special guest wishes to remain anonymous so the only way you can find out who they are is to pop on down and pay them a visit. They are happy to do autographs.