• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Free stacking software

Started by Kylee, Jun 17, 2011, 15:16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylee

Can anybody tell me which is the best free software available for processing webcam images. As soon as I get a chance I am going to try and capture something!!

Cheers

Kylee.

Carole

I assume you bought yourself a telescope then Kylee, which one did you get?

Very impressed you're attempting an image so soon after acquiring it.

Carole

Kylee

Hi Carole

Yep...I went and got myself a skymax 127 with synscan...seemed like a good scope with my budget however there has not been much opportunity to use it!!! I have taken it out a couple of times and have completed all the set up successfully which I have been really chuffed about. I'm really pleased with it and for what I want while i'm still trying to learn this vast subject it's everything I want at the minute....I know that will change!!!

I'm going to try and image the moon to start with...ambitious but I want to get stuck in. I've purchased a webcam and can't wait to get started. Just hoping that Registax is user friendly...first appearances...it looks a bit daunting!!!  :-?

Cheers

Kylee

Mac

Hurah, we've finally found the culprit for the weather.

QuoteI went and got myself a skymax 127 with synscan.

;)

Although I do believe there must be a larger scope hiding somewhere.........................
All this weather is not caused by a purchase of a skymax 127.

I know my 9 months of weather after the observatory is now over
Do you think the weather gods were being kind to us and saving all the weather for one deluge.

:cheesy:
Mac