• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Reducer/Flattener for the Burgess

Started by mickw, Jun 20, 2011, 12:36:05

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Having had a closer look at my images, I've noticed sausages in the corners where there should be stars  :-?

So I'm looking for a reducer/flattener and possibly a flattener (do they make a combo thingy?)

The Skywatcher reducer/flattener looks a possibility as does the WO (Hotech) flattener 4
Anybody got any suggestions ?

BO 91, f6.6, fl600

Cheers
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I would not go for a reducer at that F ratio and focal length, have you looked at the TS one, it snot cheap but its meant to be the best.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p1010_Universal-2-Field-Flattening-Lens-for-Refractors-f-5-to-f-8.html

Chris

mickw

Hmm was looking at that also

QuoteI would not go for a reducer at that F ratio and focal length
Why ?

Rocket Pooch

Because its not going to be easy to match one then at say F5 which is nice and fast I'd be suprised is any of the non-dedicated ones will cover the ship, having said that the origional ZS66 one does.

Chris

JohnP

Mick - I have one of the original ZS66 ones - it might be the MkII version (can't remember) - You are welcome to borrow it & give it a try - I think it is a 0.8X reducer/ flattener. It's sitting in one of my boxes doing nowt....

Cheers,  John

mickw

Thanks Chris, I hadn't thought of the "matching" thing, and the Burgess is a bit of an unknown
I do believe I'm in need of a flattener as I said before

John. thanks for that, I'll PM you to arrange something.

Mick