• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pacman - first for a while

Started by RobertM, Dec 23, 2014, 18:06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Need to find more time to process this better but here is the draft (need to process with calibration frames).  This was with the supplied vixen dovetail.  I've since fitted rings to a Losmandy dovetail which has eliminated the slightly oval stars (obvious on the individual subs).  I need to get better detail but the drift has made that difficult to process in.

28 x 600s (4hrs 40 mins) 5nm Ha filter with SX-H694 camera and RH200

Warty version: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7519/15818961540_e49c92a154_o.jpg

Hope you like it.

Robert

JohnP

uhhh... what's not to like....! need to check it out on my large screen in work tomorrow but looks fantastic on the laptop. Was that taken from your garden? Looks like that camera/ scope is a fantastic combo. Very impressed & expertly processed.

In case you didn't guess I like it... :-)

John

MarkS

Very nice result!

I wonder if my HighSpeed Baader filter would make any difference, though the frequency shift is not so critical at f/3?  You are welcome to borrow it if you want to perform a comparison (it's the 2" version).

Mark

RobertM

Thanks John.

If it's a screw fit filter then I could try, thanks I may take you up on that.  Any idea exactly what passband it is ?

Robert

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!