• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session Dates for 2010

Started by Mike, Jan 08, 2010, 16:03:32

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Let`s hope that the snow forecasted for this week holds off......... we do want to come to this imaging session and need to be able to get back up our little hill upon return.

I`ll have a word with the Main Man and see if He will stop the snow .............

Doug.  :twisted:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Would you guys like it to be rescheduled? If not a lot of people can make it then it might be a better option. I can reschedule for March.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I would rather you keep it Mike, if possible, as I wanted you to sort a couple of programs on my laptop.

Perhaps you can have a poll, although a lot of the regular attendees do not frequent the forum 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

It will probably be difficult for Rose and I, Mike.  I have just heard that my son is going into hospital on Friday and we have to take him there so I don`t know if we will be back in time.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

So it sounds like a good percentage of the regulars won't be there so it makes sense to reschedule it to me.

Fay I can happily look at your laptop any other night next week.

To be honest, a reschedule would suit me anyway as I am away this weekend and would have needed to drive to Cheshire early Saturday morning for a relatives birthday party that night. If the night is rescheduled I can leave Friday.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

OK I am going to cancel this Friday's imaging session and reschedule it for some time in March.

I will get messages out to those I now usually come but don't use the forum (or read it often) via email. There was a young girl at the last meeting who came with her dad (one of the regulars) but I don't know the names of either so have no way of contacting them. Does anyone else know who I am referring to?

Carole

Mike,

I don't remember a young girl with her father so it's possible I was not at the last imaging session.  However I have collected the names and E mail address of Dave Stewart and his daughter who are coming to Herstmonceux.  They were at the last monthly meeting.  

Could it be them?

If so I'll E mail his E mail address to you.  

Carole

Mike

I meant the last meeting not the last imaging session. Yes I think it was him.

Carole

I'll E mail you his E Mail address.

Carole

Mike

Duncan_Cameron

Is it ok to come down to the DSC if your not staying overnight?
Cheers Duncan

Carole

If people are just coming down for the evening, we normally still make a charge for DSC overheads, but coming down for the evening is in principal OK.  Mike will clarify.

By the way, I think you added this to the wrong thread.  This thread is about our monthly imaging sessions.

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Duncan_Cameron on Feb 17, 2010, 14:08:01
Is it ok to come down to the DSC if your not staying overnight?
Cheers Duncan

Yes it is. I am not sure a contribution is appropriate Carole as a) People are paying individual costs and b) We are not havign a communal meal. However, you are welcome to contribute a few quid towards the society coffers if you so wish. This forum for example costs a fair sum each year to run.

Mike

So who forgot to check their calendar lately?  ;)