• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 6888 - Crescent Nebula at DSC

Started by MarkS, May 19, 2010, 06:20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Just for a laugh I took a single 10min exposure of the Crescent Nebula with the Tak Epsilon/Canon combination just to see what would come out.  

I haven't made any effort to process this sympathetically.

Bigger version (1/3 size) here:  http://www.markshelley.co.uk/webdisk/takcres.jpg

Fay

Gosh that is good Mark, & no effort!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Thats not bad, and here and I trying to get a 8mpix noise free one :-)

Chris

RobertM

That's amazing but at f/2.8 I'm not surprised, that really is a fantastic scope.

Robert

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

QuoteJust for a laugh I took a single 10min exposure

Yes Mark can tell you are having a right laugh...!!!! Are you sure you didn't do a Fay & mix it up with an image you have downloaded from Hubble...

Unbelievable for a single sub... One shot colour as well... The star colours are great....

Jealous.. Who me - No surely not......

John

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Great image Mark.

Lucky for you that you forgot to turn off your camera for 10 mins, whilst the 'Banana' was pointed to some obscure place in the universe.
The LUCK was certainly with you that night, come to think about it.................................................................it always is. ;) :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

Very nice.

As for the luck side.
Post 5 numbers from 1 to 50, and then two numbers from 1 to 9 please.

Mind you you didn't win the £89 million at the weekend did you? ;)

Mac.

MarkS

Thanks all.

I also, was pleasantly surprised by just how much was visible in a single exposure. I'm very pleased with the initial results from the Tak/Canon combination - it's everything I hoped it would be.

Just need to get the collimation completely under control ...

Mark