• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Autumn '05

Started by Mike, Sep 05, 2005, 10:07:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Folks. Don't forget that it we are holding our Autumn Deep Sky Camp from Friday 28th October to Monday 31st October at Headcorn.

If anyone is interested that hasn't been before then contact myself, Paul or Jeff. Non-members are also welcome. Further information is on the OAS website.

It is £5 per night to camp, which includes firewood and use of the facilities. If you are not a camper then Penny provides B&B at the farmhouse. There are also lots of B&B's and hotels only a short distance from the field.

If you don't want to stay all weekend then that is fine, you are welcome to come along jsut for the day or only stay one or two nights if you like, it's up to you.

There are plenty of family activities during the daytime as well as the observing during the night.

I have a 4 man dome tent that we don't use if anyone want's to borrow it for the Autumn DSC.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I'm there from Friday till Sunday :-)