• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

society christmas dinner - February 2012

Started by Ian, Oct 19, 2011, 19:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Its that time again. I'm just sorting this out and as usual the following questions come up.

Preferred date? 3rd or 4th or 10th or 11th February

Menu last year was IIRC about £23. Is this still acceptable?

Carole

Those dates sound good as does the price.

Carole

Mike

Shouldn't it be the OAS Annual Dinner?

Are we going to try a different restaurant this year or is it the same place?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Howza `bout trying the CofH for an Xmas nosh?  Only a suggestion.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Fay

I thought it was very nice last year at the Blacksmiths, although  parking was a big problem
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

It would be nice to try somewhere else for the next one. Parking is a major PITA at that place. I also think the long tables make it less sociable than it could be.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Sorry about the delay in posting this, but this is the menu for the OAS Christmas New Year Dinner.

A £10 deposit please at the next meeting would be appreciated, together with your selections from the menu.

Mike, I'll talk to Blacksmiths regarding parking and the table layout. From memory, they tend to leave the tables where they are from when it's a normal restaurant, seating 4-6 each. Would it be preferred if we requested them moved together into longer tables?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mike

Ian

Friday 10th February

Just noticed it's not on the main site. We'll fix that...

Rick

Mostly fixed, but probably needs tweaks...

Ian

Mike

Ian it's not essential the tables are together but it would make it a lot more social. The current set up means there are 3 or 4 separate tables so not everyone is together.

Hopefully next year we will try out a different venue.

Sue

Seem to have missed something here. My name is down as contact on the home page for booking the dinner.So far have had no imput. Thought Ian was organising it. Roy and I not coming as sadly it clashes with Astrofest also not sure if going to make the January meeting as that clashes with cricket AGM.

Sue.

Rick

Ummm... I expect that's  one of the tweaks it needs...

Delphine

Hi everyone

Please see me at the meeting next week if you want to go to the Dinner on 10th February. I also need your menu choices.  You can email me or send a PM if you wish.   The menu is on the main website but if you want it emailed please let me know.

Cheers
Delphine