• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

September DSC - are you going?

Started by Ian, Aug 28, 2010, 10:33:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

So we're clashing with Kelling and the Les Granges trips this month. Who's left to go to Rother Valley then?

mickw

Doh
Beat me to it  :(

I've booked  8)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

I didn't think anyone was going Kelling this year?

Tony G

PS..................It doesn't bother me, I'm going down somewhere near Spain and Italy ??????????????
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

PhilB

There was a post on the subject that suggested that Julian was our only member going to Kelling. Rother has two bookings so far.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Tony G

Quote from: PhilB on Aug 28, 2010, 20:27:26
Rother has two bookings so far.

Phil,

I have a strange feeling that Mick, may have booked on Tuesday, had a few beers and a Doner, and booked again on Wednesday, after Tuesday became a big blur. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

PhilB

Nah, Mick always has to book twice, Tony, 'cos of the size of his van.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mac

mickw

QuoteNah, Mick always has to book twice, Tony, 'cos of the size of his van.

I think it's something to do with the upstairs bedroom and the Beer Garden  ;)

mickw

Can the Rother Valley phone number be added to the main website please as not everybody is on the forum.

Rother Valley - 01797 253997

PhilB

Quote from: mickw on Aug 29, 2010, 09:05:55I think it's something to do with the upstairs bedroom and the Beer Garden  ;)

Very civilised. All you need now is a cellar, some hand pumps and optics and you'll be the most popular guy at DSC.  :P

mickw

I have a shovel, a foot pump and specsavers glasses will that do ?   :lol:

PhilB

Ah, a practical man. Sounds like the problems close to solved  :P

MarkS

Fay

Mick already has all those facilities, Phil     :)
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

I may be down on the Saturday night but nothing booked yet.

julian

Yes I am going to Kelling as the nights are going to be clear and ran at all other astronomical sites that the orpington lot are going to.
Don't forget the waterproofs. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

mickw

I'm all for cancelling DSC and heading off to Kelling Heath for a Khoom Fay and Firework Festival, not forgetting the Laser Show and bonfires   :evil:

PhilB

Quote from: julian on Sep 02, 2010, 11:55:06Don't forget the waterproofs

Isn't the whole point of aperture fever that you end up with a nice large 'scope to shelter under? :evil: