• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tonights Speaker - Doug Ellison

Started by Mike, Jan 28, 2010, 23:59:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Personally, I think tonights talk by Doug Ellison was the best I have ever seen in the society. It was very well presented, interesting, humours and the information given was at our level.

I really enjoyed it and found the whole subject very interesting. Well done Doug.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Agreed.  The best I've seen in my 2 years at OAS.

A knowledgeable and very enthusiastic presenter talking on a very interesting topic using excellent materials.

Excellent!

Mark

mickw

Yep, must agree.
Great talk, content and speaker.

Does anyone remember the websites mentioned  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

Carole

Rick

mickw

Thanks Ian and Rick - More reasons to stay indoors  ;)

Rick

As if the weather wasn't reason enough... ;)

Fay

Wow, what a talk by, Doug, a man whose passion is Mars. Great presentation, such a lot of knowledge & enthusiasm.

He even paid us a compliment, saying we were the noisiest, & words to the effect that, we were the livliest, largest group he had ever spoken to, with a great meeting place. & we should be grateful for all of that. Most clubs he visited comprised of around 6 people in a cold hall with poor facilities.

I must say we all seemed to turn out last night, a good evening.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Jan 29, 2010, 07:57:01I must say we all seemed to turn out last night, a good evening.

I've never seen so many people at a meeting!!  :o
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

QuoteI've never seen so many people at a meeting!!

The heating must have packed up in the knitting club  :lol:

Mac

Thoroughly enjoyed the talk,
I agree its one of the best i've heard

Mac.

Tony G

A very, very good and informative talk, and one which even I understood. ;)
With talks like this drawing in more members, we may need to look at video conferencing into the next room, or take the dividing wall down.
Well done to whoever organised this talk, as by all accounts we were lucky to see Doug before he hot footed it across the pond.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

The Thing

Martian Doug was such an enthusiast and so knowledgeable. I really enjoyed his talk. Can we all go over to JPL and listen to him again?