• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Elephant & a Perseid....

Started by JohnP, Aug 15, 2008, 12:30:43

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

OK - Not a great image but my only one of the Perseids...(Is this the only one any OAS imagers got?) Happened when I was taking first test sub of Elephant - Just a single 4min sub..

Mike - I thought you had this in the August challenges - I was going to claim the prize but see you didn't have Perseids listed :-(

John....

Mike

No I didn't strictly put it down on the list but I did say in the meeting that it was an opportunity for people toview or even image a Perseid. It's the only one so far so i will ensure it gets included in my presentation :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

No Probs Mike - it's a crappy image but at least it's a Perseid..... !!! John

Fay

Well at least you were the only one to get one, John.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

I don't know if this counts, but I looked outside tonight,

and ....................................................................

:D

Tony G

PS...................... By the way, this is a fake photo, Mottingham is more to the left. ;)

Well captured John.

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Tony - Your PS skills are very impressive.... :-) I think you should volunteer to give a talk for Mike's Imaging Workshop....

John :-)

Tony G

Its amazing what images you can find on Google Images, I believe Space Dog uses it a lot. :lol: ;)

Tony G

ONLY JOKING.  ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Ok the  next time your wife is freezing she stays in the tent!

Mind you that means we can act like proper lads and stop being so polite, so keep the comments coming  :D

Fay

Are you saying that Fliss stayed in the chuck wagon last DSC?

Rocket Pooch

Na she just used it as a warming hut, before Tony broke my bed....

Tony G

Chris,

We have decided not to purchase the pikey 2000 now we know the bed is broke.
And I am going to have to explain that Flis getting warmed up in the caravan, and the bed breaking were 2 separate incidents. :oops:

Tony G

If it requires fixing, I'll get my carpenters tools out of the mothball cover chest in the attic and come down and fix it, give me a call.  ;)

Fay

Don't forget your pink set, Tony