• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

July DSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jun 17, 2011, 08:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Which campsite?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

It's at Rother Valley.

Mac

At some point this year i might actually have some spare weekends,
At the moment the end of July is looking good for me.

I need to try out my new cooking stuff and campbed

Mac.

Rocket Pooch

Looking at the long range lottery forecase, I'll be there from Thursday midday till Monday.

Chris

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Les

Would like to go. Is it possible to book online, or is there a number to ring? I also require a ride there and back.

Carole

I think you need to ring.
http://www.rother-valley.com/
01797 253997

I'd happily give you a lift but my car is packed out with camping and astro kit, not sure if any-one else might have a bit of space. 

Carole

Fay

If someone takes you, Les, you will have to wait 3 days to get back home
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Les

I use London buses. Enough said  :cheesy:

MarkS

Carole

Les, I am assuming you just want to come down for the one evening, am I right?

We sometimes get members who only want to come for the evening and then go home again, but it's not always easy to predict who is doing this as they don't need to book. 

Carole

mickw

Having space for a dobsonian is a big enough problem without camping equipment  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Les

Quote from: Carole on Jun 28, 2011, 10:46:28
Les, I am assuming you just want to come down for the one evening, am I right?

We sometimes get members who only want to come for the evening and then go home again, but it's not always easy to predict who is doing this as they don't need to book. 

Carole

I'm willing to come for the whole weekend but if whoever I get a ride from is only there for one day then that's ok. Would rather know what's happening first before I book though. Anyone with space is welcome to PM me.

julian

Just booked for saturday night  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

julian

RobertM

I'm in for Sat night also  :) :) :)