• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Minimum facilities for DSC and uDSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 20, 2010, 09:29:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I think we now have become too soft so can we vote on the minimum requirements for a ?DSC.

Chris

Tony G

What about 'Field with Electricity', not that I would vote for that if the option was there. :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Are the requirements different for dsc to udscs? These udscs are different from dscs only by the fact that udscs don't appear on the calendar...

mickw

QuoteAre the requirements different for dsc to udscs?

No as it's usually the same people that go to both.

uDSCs started of as a spur of the moment thing but seems to have got quite popular.  I think there is a still a need for unofficial DSCs because adding yet another date to the calendar will be too much.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Should have listed each item seperately and let people vote for more than one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Comming from a background where I've had to deal with choices we would have ended up with people voting not for a field but for electricity only :-)

Mike

This is a majority vote system. If people want a DSC with electricity but without a field then they have the right to vote for that Reg!! Power to the people!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Tony G

Can I just go for a toilet then.  :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

QuoteCan I just go for a toilet then

Stairs Farm was a shit hole  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional