• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First small mosaic

Started by Fay, May 25, 2010, 17:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Popped outside last night. What a difference a night makes, could hardly see anything with the x2 Barlow, so took it off & tried my first mosaic.

3x10 x1/500th sec subs (i think), Atik 314L, ha filter, 6" Mak Cass. Captured with Astroart, then stacked separately in Registax. Mosaiced in IMerge. Processed in PSCS.

Not a special image but glad I have had a go. Must get really complicated when taking about 30 subs!!!!!

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

That's came out really well. I like it.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

Very nice Fay. Good joins.

Can you capture a video stream with your Atik? It would be a lot easier to process a lot of 'subs' using Registax if you could.

Fay

Well, thanks Mike, Duncan.

No not video, Duncan. It was a trial run

Mac

Fay

Thanks Mac, nothing special but was a change to do.

PhilB

Very nice, Fay. It's interesting how the scene changes in just a day or so.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

MarkS

Very nice Fay.  Your first mosaic!  I like it a lot and it looks pretty seamless to me.  

I've noticed that the bottom looks slightly less sharp than the top - any idea why?

Mark

Fay

No Mark, I will check it out

Tony G

Great piece of work Fay.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

RobertM

Good work Fay and the joins are seemless.

Robert

Fay

Mark, not sure about the bottom looking less sharp. The bottom frame goes a long way up on the one before, nearly to the centre, not where it appears to go