• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 from France

Started by Fay, Oct 17, 2013, 07:57:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

QSI 583ws, SW ED80, 0.85fr, 30x300 L, 10x300 each of RGB.

Took an age to process this, as not that familiar with colour, I had given up at one point. i think i can get more out of this.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Wow thats nice, how did you put the colour into the image?

Fay

i went thru so much to get colour on there, so many miles i travelled!!!!!

MarkS

Really nice Fay!  I like that a lot.  M33 is one of my favourite galaxies.

The galaxy core looks a little too pink but apart from that the colour balance looks good.

Mark

The Thing

That looks great to me Fay. The flocculence of the arms really shows nicely. The outlying HII regions could be pinker ;)

mickw

Very nice Fay

Have you thought how you're going to hide it from Tony ?  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Does look really good Fay & I know you had to force yourself to get the colour data but definitely worth it. I would like to see a bigger version if possible. Would be good experiment to try & merge the L,R,G,B you got with the HA that I took to see what we get...

Well done - John.

Fay

THanks. yes i have noticed the pink centre & will sort that out. better prepare Tony, he will be very upset & disorientated

yes that would be interesting John, as you got quite a lot of info with HA

JohnP

Yes more data than expected but a bit noisy because I didn't do enough subs cause 'someone was asking me why I was wasting my time'... ;-)

Tony G

Well Fay, what can I say?

You know my personal preference to your images, but I must say this has come out very well.
the only thing that I disagree with the others is that there ias a bit too much R............G...........& B, which in fact would make it Mono. :D
Great image. ;)

Tony G

PS.....Did you use any of my equipment, or assessories to help you with this image? Kit Rape is what I mean. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

not that I know of, although i have just found a white multiplug that is not mine, perhaps the owner can advise

JohnP

Fay if it is a 4 way with cable wrapped around it - its mine - I accidentally left it in Roberts roof box when we unpacked the other night...

Fay

JohnP

OK thks just hold on to it for me till next time I see you. are you going to post a larger version?

julian