• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette Nebula in Mon

Started by Ian, Feb 11, 2008, 15:18:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Engineering image this one. Still just imaging to get the hang of getting all of my kit doing what I want every time, rather than the usual 5% of the kit b*gg*ring up every session. I just wish it was the same 5% each time.

However:

It's small because it's unguided, binned 3x3 and taken through my UHC filter in 60 second subs. Total integration time, 20 mins.

300mm lens on the Art285.

Mike

Nice one Ian. A bit dim for 20 mins though. However, I'm not sure of the sensitivy of the Art compared to the Starlight Xpress cameras. What happens if you stretch it. Have you tried the Digital Development filter in Maxim?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

CCD is the same as yours. However, additional details, I stopped the lens down to f8 to try and get rounder stars and the UHC filter eats lots of photons.

I think I'll have another go tonight if I can, without the filter. I've not stretched it too far, there appears to be large worm turd on the CCD...

Rocket Pooch

can't you get the guiding going ian?

Ian

still working on it. maybe again tonight. It's the last *major* hurdle to serious imaging. Oh, other than not actually having time, or clear skies etc etc etc :D

Fay

Mike, Luminance of Rosette

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Wow! That's really nice Fay. Great detail and good focus. Well done.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks a lot Mike.

Ian, you are getting there. I thought you had always done guiding etc

MarkS

Fay,

That is fantastic - I love it.

And I've managed to spell your name correctly this time!   :oops:

Mark

Fay