• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC - 5th to 7th July - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Jun 25, 2013, 20:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylee

Cool.....it's just that the website stated that! Have you got the postcode? It's not on the site!

Mike

Kylee go down the M23/A23 and come off at Junction 13.
Turn right on the roundabout onto Cowfold Road A272.
After 1.6 miles turn left onto Wineham Road.
Keep driving 3 miles to the very end of Wineham Road.
Turn right onto Wheatsheaf Road.
Blacklands Farm is the next right. You can't miss it, it has a plastic cow outside.

Turn into the lane and go to the end. There is a gate at the end on the right. Enter the 4-digit code (Battle of Hastings). Then drive in once the gate is open.

Once in the field set up anywhere along the right hand edge of the field or the corner closest to you by a EHU.

Mike

Blacklands Campsite Address:
Wheatsheaf Road (B2116)
Henfield
West Sussex
BN5 9AT
Tel: 01273 493528 (Office Hours)

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

Thanks Mike that's a great help......see you tomorrow  :)

The Thing

Mike, has the end of the field where you've indicated for Kylee got hookups? I have booked a hookup... Should be there around 6pm if all goes to plan.

RobertM

I'll be there a bit later tomorrow evening, probably around 8ish (just one night I'm afraid).  I don't have a hookup cable so could someone let me plug into one of their spare 13A sockets pretty please ?

Robert

Mike

Duncan - Yes according to Leon they've installed them along there.

Robert - No problem.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tonight but possibly tomorrow may be on.  Have a good night tonight !

Robert

Mac

At some point in the near future, I will have a weekend off, wont know if its this year or next or the one after that for a ll i know.
and if im lucky, very lucky, then it might coincide with a DSC weekend.

But the rumor on the grape vine is they are going to change our shifts
so we work Thursday to Sunday :! :evil:,

and its the close one as well, thats even more annoying.

Mac.

Mike

Well we are all set up waiting for the sky to get dark. Today was a glorious hot sunny day. We got a visit from Chris. Spent most of the day just lounging around under the sun shield keeping cool and drinking cider.

The field is absolutely full of tents, even the lower field. We've left a space clear in case Robert turns up.

Fingers crossed for tonight. Just in case, the fridge has plenty of alcohol.

Rocket Pooch

It's clear here so you should be ok, unless you get the mist!

MarkS

Really murky here at High Halden - lots of dew and milkiness in the air :-(

Hope it's better at uDSC.

Later edit 1am:
The sky directly above is now less hazy and the Milky Way is quite obvious down to 30degrees above the horizon where it disappears again into general murkiness.

Saw the first glowworm of the season tonight but it must be very lonely because I've seen no others :-(

Carole

Hope you are all having a great time, was gutted I couldn't come, but got some Ha imaging done from Home instead.

Carole

Fay

you will have to set up a glow worm breeding colony Mark
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Quote from: Fay on Jul 07, 2013, 12:03:10
you will have to set up a glow worm breeding colony Mark

Wouldn't that be considered as encouraging light pollution ? 

Kill 'em all  :twisted:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

Quote from: mickw on Jul 07, 2013, 12:09:04Kill 'em all  :twisted:
Light pollution is apparently doing a good job of killing off glow-worms all by itself...