• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session in November - NOT at Mike's

Started by Carole, Sep 15, 2009, 13:30:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

That's fine by me.  I was only offering rather than cancel. 

Demonstration of tips or techniques would be great. 

Showing how equipment goes together and what they are used for etc would be useful for those still learning.

Processing and stacking after capture would be useful if any-one is willing. 

Carole

Mike

Thanks for the offer Robert that's great.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

I've added an Imaging Session on 20th November at Robert's place to the website dates list. OK?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Robert can't hold it on 20th, and last night we announced it would be on 13th, but then Mark noticed later in the evening that this is a DSC weekend. 

So watch this space for a further announcement as to the date at Robert's.  He was thinking of moving the next session into early December.

Can you make the announcement Robert?

thanks
Carole

Ian

don't forget the Christmas meeting is held a week earlier in the month.

JohnP

Carole - seems like everything is against you on trying to get a date for this one.....?

Rick

New Moon's on December 16th, and the OAS December meeting's on the 17th.

...or you could break with tradition and hold it on a night other than Friday, say on the day before DSC starts?

I'll leave the 20th claimed in the calendar until you decide when it's actually going to be.

Simon E

This event yes? no? is it happening. If so where and when.....

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

RobertM

Hi Si/Carole/Mike,

I'm thinking that it should be held just before the next DSC, either on Wed 11th or Thu 12th November.  That will give people the opportunity to ask questions and hopefully get answers/bring their kit around/iron out problems etc.  I will try to make it a fairly practical hands-on type event depending on the weather.

Is there anything else planned for either of those two dates?  Maybe it's too close to the High Elms event on the 10th...

Thoughts?

Robert

Rick

There's a committee meeting on the 11th.

RobertM

Thanks Rick.  Check but not Mate yet... that leaves the 12th.

Have you got a link to the calendar of OAS events as I can't find it...

Rick

It's at http://www.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/dates.html but you need to be logged in...

There're also lists of dates on the Meetings, Observing and Special Events pages that you can see without being logged in...

RobertM

Ok, Fri the 27th looks clear but I'm sure I've missed something...

Carole

27th November would be better.

A committee meeting, on 11th followed by imaging on 12th followed by DSC on 13th would be a bit tiring.

Carole