• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Future Kelling Heath DSC

Started by Carole, May 06, 2009, 11:44:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Fay

Julian said there is a spare tent space next to them at Kelling
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Well Fay you are next to Mark, and only a few tents away from every-one else.  Julian might be a long way away.  If you could get his pitch number it might be helpful. 

I'll ring Kelling Heath and see what the situation is, but we don't want to be near the trees.

Carole

Fay

Julian said plot 426 was spare

Carole

Hi Fay,

I can't see how this is going to help. 426 is close to Robert (next row diagonally opposite 3 pitches away from Sue and Roy See diagram below, hope this makes sense.), but if you move to that pitch, that will leave Mark on his own.  If it had been two pitches then both of you could have moved.

pitch 426  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------Mark, Fay
------------------------------------------Sue/Roy, Dephine, carole---------------
----------------Robert, Doug/Rose--------

Carole

Mike

Looks like you are all only a short walk away from each other. No different from a standard DSC really. Is there anything stopping you setting your equipment up on another persons plot?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Don't know, maybe some-one would agree to swap with us when we get there.

I agree we're not too far from each other.

Carole

Fay

No, I am ok Carole, it was if someone else wanted to go, there was a spare plot!

Carole

Ah, now I understand, yes of course if some-one else wanted to go there could be a spare pitch, but they will have to do their own booking at this late stage.

Carole

Fay

To clarify. Julian has paid £20 for this pitch, for Friday & Saturday, so if anyone wanted to go they just pay him, not Kelling as he has paid for it already.

RobertM

We can of course always share pitches if someone else wanted to come...

MarkS

If you want to move, no need to worry about me - I'm not scared of being alone!  We're not that far away in any case ...

Fay

I don't want to move, I am happy with you Mark ;)

Tony G

Mark,

Fay feels safe with you about, as there is no chance of a wet tent going up in flames.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson