• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Future Kelling Heath DSC

Started by Carole, May 06, 2009, 11:44:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Who would like to go to Kelling Heath in September 2009? (see later)
Who would like to go in April 2010?
Who would like to go in September 2010?

14 - 25 Sept 2009
15 - 18 April 2010

Doug and Rose tell me that although September is fully booked, the organisers are trying to get an extra field.  If I could get names NOW, we might stand a chance of getting in quick if another field is opened up.  However according to the web-site there is still space on the BLUE Field which does not have a "no light" policy, but this might suit those who were put off by the regulations when we booked last time.

I actually postponed my booking to this September (rather than cancel and lose my money), but I don't really want to go on my own. 

If you can let me know a.s.a.p. I am happy to do the booking again.

Carole

RobertM

3 x yes but only if they don't clash with society events (which I don't think they do).

Having seen the Blue field, I think you have to find out what's available as some of the pitches have restricted sky views.

Carole

QuoteHaving seen the Blue field, I think you have to find out what's available as some of the pitches have restricted sky views.

Good tip, thanks.

I have E mailed the organisers to see if I can find out what is happening.

I'll put you down on the lists Robert.

Carole

MarkS

Carole,

I'm definitely interested for April 2010.

Mark

Carole

I've noted that down Mark.
C

Sue

Carole please add me and Roy to the April '10 list  :D

Carole

OK every-one, I will be booking soon for April 2010 as it seems to get booked up quickly and also the good places seem to go quickly.  So if you want to come can you let me know by the end of June, and preferably bring a cheque payable to Kelling Heath to the next meeting (May 28th or latest June 25th), otherwise you can send me a PM and I'll give you my address to post it to me.  Jim is going to announce it at the next meeting.

So far I have:

Robert
Carole
Mark S
Delphine
Sue and Roy

C

doug

Carole.

Put Rose and I down for 2010
     When we see you, we`ll pay you then.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

doug

Stupid rhyme!!  THAT was a Dugbot!!!

I should have said APRIL 2010.  Sorry.

Doug.................. and Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

RobertM

Carole,

I've been in contact with someone who goes regulary.  What he does is to book September when he gets to the Spring Camp and book Spring early in the new year.  It seems the Spring event doesn't seem to experience the mad rush that the Autumn event does.   As long as it's booked before the September event we should be ok - plenty of time.  Now we know the pitch layout we can be a bit picky about where we are.

Robert

Carole

Ok. Well it looks like we can delay a bit longer for the Spring camp and I'll book the September camp in the new year as Robert suggests.

I'll wait until after the July meeting then for April 2010.

However I would appreciate it if you could start giving me your (undated) cheques as soon as possible what with people being away over the summer I don't want to be having to chase you up so if you know you are going, please let me have a cheque a.s.a.p. and I'll date it when I make the booking. 

Doug and Rose I'll add you to the list

Carole

Carole

Can I remind those who want to go to KH in the Spring to bring undated cheques to the meeting.  The reason I want to get this booked so early is because I want to change my September booking to the Spring if they will let me, so in order for us all to be together I have to do it all at the same time. 

(My September booking was what I was given when I cancelled April because of my broken shoulder.  It was either move to September or lose my money).  However since no-one else is going to the camp itself in September and I'm not sure whether I will be recovered sufficiently - still not allowed to lift anything except small items, and will have difficulty putting things on the roof rack.  Also not happy with the pitch they gave me as Robert says it is near the trees and has no hook up.

I can't leave cancelling the September 09 booking for too long.  I am not sure whether they will even let me move it for a second time, but I prefer not to throw £30 down the drain without a try. 

I have the following:

Robert
Mark
Delphine    - Paid
Sue and Roy
Doug and Rose

Thanks
Carole

Fay

Carole, can you put me down please.

Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

QuoteCarole, can you put me down please

a tad drastic me thinks. :cheesy:
Life's never that bad.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!