• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M57 180s ISO 800

Started by Daniel, Aug 05, 2008, 17:16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi all, just a quick image I did last night, I went for a bright target because it was quite cloudy, and i couldn't expose for as long, but later on it cleared up and I wished I'd have tried a harder target.

anyway, this time it really is M57, i know the background is quite dark, but this genuinely isn't far off of how dark the resulting image came out anyway, i had to knock things back to prevent burning out the nebula.

RobertM

That's a very nice image Daniel and good detail in the ring especially considering the scale.  What's a little strange to me is how some stars have red rims and some haven't !

I just knew I should have stayed up longer - you have to take the good nights when you can !

Mike

Equipment and exposure details please?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

The wierd coloured stars may be my fault, I used the increase star colour action from noels tools.

Equipment used are as follows:-

Meade 12" SCT mounted on CGE guided with 80ED and DSI
exposures were 120 seconds at ISO 800, I'll have to check how many i stacked when i get home as im at work right now

EDIT:- Just got home and found it was 24x 120s ISO 800

Oh, and that's with CLS filter on imaging cam and 2x Barlow on guide cam